As both its acolytes and detractors never tire of telling you, east London is many things, but a home to dubstep-danicng dinosaurs? That’s a new one for us. Luckily Reed + Rader’s mind works exactly like that and the New York-based duo have taken over the 18 Hewett Street gallery with a surreal Gif-tastic celebration bringing together prehistoric critters and cutting edge technology.
The best thing about Pamela (Reed) and Matthew (Rader) is that they don’t take themselves too seriously and so let their imaginations run riot in ways which make their work all the richer.
And Protein is also hosting a series of events this week with the pair to open up some insights about their partnership and their process. Snazzy.
Cretaceous Returns runs until November 20.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood