As both its acolytes and detractors never tire of telling you, east London is many things, but a home to dubstep-danicng dinosaurs? That’s a new one for us. Luckily Reed + Rader’s mind works exactly like that and the New York-based duo have taken over the 18 Hewett Street gallery with a surreal Gif-tastic celebration bringing together prehistoric critters and cutting edge technology.
The best thing about Pamela (Reed) and Matthew (Rader) is that they don’t take themselves too seriously and so let their imaginations run riot in ways which make their work all the richer.
And Protein is also hosting a series of events this week with the pair to open up some insights about their partnership and their process. Snazzy.
Cretaceous Returns runs until November 20.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf