Right that’s enough now winter. March is here and without sounding harsh, here in the UK we’re sick of the cold and the grey skies and the drizzle. It’s nothing personal, it’s not you, it’s us, etc etc. To be honest once British summertime kicks in, it’s all about the sun and to celebrate the imminent arrival of dazzling days and long al fresco evenings, Rekorderlig Cider is on the hunt for your images that sum up the sheer joy of the sun-kissed weeks and months ahead.
The challenge is to follow in the footsteps of Agnes Thor, a New York-based photographer who is part of Rekorderlig’s Beautifully Swedish Collective. Agnes handles sunlight with amazing flair, capturing the essence of summer days in a way that goes above and beyond her obviously adept technical skills. Her sun-dappled, dreamlike scenes have the power to overwhelm any winter blues, however stubborn they may be.
Entrants should email their images to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday March 10 including their full name and contact details. The best will be displayed on billboards across London and winners will also get a cool Lytro camera and a place on a photography workshop by Agnes. So roll on summer, we’re couldn’t be more ready for you..
This article was produced in association with Rekorderlig Cider.
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant