Right that’s enough now winter. March is here and without sounding harsh, here in the UK we’re sick of the cold and the grey skies and the drizzle. It’s nothing personal, it’s not you, it’s us, etc etc. To be honest once British summertime kicks in, it’s all about the sun and to celebrate the imminent arrival of dazzling days and long al fresco evenings, Rekorderlig Cider is on the hunt for your images that sum up the sheer joy of the sun-kissed weeks and months ahead.
The challenge is to follow in the footsteps of Agnes Thor, a New York-based photographer who is part of Rekorderlig’s Beautifully Swedish Collective. Agnes handles sunlight with amazing flair, capturing the essence of summer days in a way that goes above and beyond her obviously adept technical skills. Her sun-dappled, dreamlike scenes have the power to overwhelm any winter blues, however stubborn they may be.
Entrants should email their images to email@example.com by Sunday March 10 including their full name and contact details. The best will be displayed on billboards across London and winners will also get a cool Lytro camera and a place on a photography workshop by Agnes. So roll on summer, we’re couldn’t be more ready for you..
This article was produced in association with Rekorderlig Cider.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang