Right that’s enough now winter. March is here and without sounding harsh, here in the UK we’re sick of the cold and the grey skies and the drizzle. It’s nothing personal, it’s not you, it’s us, etc etc. To be honest once British summertime kicks in, it’s all about the sun and to celebrate the imminent arrival of dazzling days and long al fresco evenings, Rekorderlig Cider is on the hunt for your images that sum up the sheer joy of the sun-kissed weeks and months ahead.
The challenge is to follow in the footsteps of Agnes Thor, a New York-based photographer who is part of Rekorderlig’s Beautifully Swedish Collective. Agnes handles sunlight with amazing flair, capturing the essence of summer days in a way that goes above and beyond her obviously adept technical skills. Her sun-dappled, dreamlike scenes have the power to overwhelm any winter blues, however stubborn they may be.
Entrants should email their images to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday March 10 including their full name and contact details. The best will be displayed on billboards across London and winners will also get a cool Lytro camera and a place on a photography workshop by Agnes. So roll on summer, we’re couldn’t be more ready for you..
This article was produced in association with Rekorderlig Cider.
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?
- Jeremy Jansen’s graphic design work bridges concept and coherency
- Michael Craig-Martin: a cool, clean and colourful riot of everyday objects
- Anatoly Grashchenko's randomly generated posters for a Moscow theatre
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Bobby Doherty’s vivid and humorous still-life photography
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Why “cool” stunts creativity: one agency offers its opinion
- Fresh, vibrant poster work from South Korean designer Soojin Lee
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs