What on earth goes on inside Sac Magique’s head? Is it really all dancing mice and protesting owls or is there more to it than that? We’re not really sure how a man with such a bizarre imagination goes about his daily business. Can you picture the creator of the Secret Sipper filing out his tax returns? No. What about driving a car? We sincerely hope not, there’s no telling what flights of fancy might distract him from the task at hand. In fact really all we’d like Mr Magique to do is sit at a big desk with all his coloured pens and keep creating the magical worlds we love so much.
Which is exactly what he’s doing! And what’s more he’s just set up a new blog where you can enjoy the unadulterated madness of his own personal sketches. Excellent stuff!
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality