Well rip up your holiday plans and cancel that appointment with the travel agent (old school) because if you don’t want to visit Iceland after seeing these then there’s something wrong. Very wrong.
The news that Siggi Eggertsson had updated his website got us all a-flutter and with very good reason as it turns out. There’s plenty to enjoy but the stand-out work for us were these illustrations for Icelandic bank Landsbankinn. They’re dynamic, colourful and vibrant as you’d expect if you’re at all familiar with Siggi’s stuff, but what’s really outstanding about them is the variety of environments he recreates with the same flair. It doesn’t matter if it’s a waterfall, a factory, a port, a gay pride parade, a farm or an office building, Siggi’s illustrations are brimful of impressionistic character.
Banks aren’t the most popular institutions these days but maybe after seeing these a few more will follow their Icelandic counterpart’s lead and get Siggi to work his loveable magic for them too.
And if you really needed any more convincing that Siggi’s a creative at the top of his game, his identity for this year’s Reykjavik Arts Festival and his Phillip Glass cover for The Village Voice should seal the deal.
- Camelot’s typefaces bring both the contemporary and historical to the table
- Scott Newett’s eerily quiet, ethereal portraits of Chinese utopia
- Jade Schulz’s atmospheric and imaginative editorial illustrations
- Emiliano Granado’s new zine puts a fresh spin on Tour de France fandom
- The big cover up: Mathieu Thibault's translations of graffiti
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale