Well rip up your holiday plans and cancel that appointment with the travel agent (old school) because if you don’t want to visit Iceland after seeing these then there’s something wrong. Very wrong.
The news that Siggi Eggertsson had updated his website got us all a-flutter and with very good reason as it turns out. There’s plenty to enjoy but the stand-out work for us were these illustrations for Icelandic bank Landsbankinn. They’re dynamic, colourful and vibrant as you’d expect if you’re at all familiar with Siggi’s stuff, but what’s really outstanding about them is the variety of environments he recreates with the same flair. It doesn’t matter if it’s a waterfall, a factory, a port, a gay pride parade, a farm or an office building, Siggi’s illustrations are brimful of impressionistic character.
Banks aren’t the most popular institutions these days but maybe after seeing these a few more will follow their Icelandic counterpart’s lead and get Siggi to work his loveable magic for them too.
And if you really needed any more convincing that Siggi’s a creative at the top of his game, his identity for this year’s Reykjavik Arts Festival and his Phillip Glass cover for The Village Voice should seal the deal.
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- Zhang Liang's cartoons sum up American pop culture
- Ira Ivanova designs vibrant wristband-inspired identity for Moscow music festival
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations