Well rip up your holiday plans and cancel that appointment with the travel agent (old school) because if you don’t want to visit Iceland after seeing these then there’s something wrong. Very wrong.
The news that Siggi Eggertsson had updated his website got us all a-flutter and with very good reason as it turns out. There’s plenty to enjoy but the stand-out work for us were these illustrations for Icelandic bank Landsbankinn. They’re dynamic, colourful and vibrant as you’d expect if you’re at all familiar with Siggi’s stuff, but what’s really outstanding about them is the variety of environments he recreates with the same flair. It doesn’t matter if it’s a waterfall, a factory, a port, a gay pride parade, a farm or an office building, Siggi’s illustrations are brimful of impressionistic character.
Banks aren’t the most popular institutions these days but maybe after seeing these a few more will follow their Icelandic counterpart’s lead and get Siggi to work his loveable magic for them too.
And if you really needed any more convincing that Siggi’s a creative at the top of his game, his identity for this year’s Reykjavik Arts Festival and his Phillip Glass cover for The Village Voice should seal the deal.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant