After a week-long hiatus while we moved studio, Studio Audience is back and wasting no time delivering some effervescent art and design chat to your lugholes. There was a slight delay getting the episode together as we wanted to get the news and views from graphics arts festival Pick Me Up but we think that’s for the best and we hope you agree. As ever you can listen using the SoundCloud embed below or you can subscribe via iTunes here
We kicked off this week hearing from Liv Siddall and Maisie Skidmore who were among the first people to get a glimpse of this year’s Pick Me Up show at London’s Somerset House. Acclaimed art director Richard Turley announced he was leaving Bloomberg Businessweek for a new position at MTV which we reflected on before rounding off exploring Jack White’s four-hour vinyl production (from performance to release) as part of Record Store Day.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s