After a week-long hiatus while we moved studio, Studio Audience is back and wasting no time delivering some effervescent art and design chat to your lugholes. There was a slight delay getting the episode together as we wanted to get the news and views from graphics arts festival Pick Me Up but we think that’s for the best and we hope you agree. As ever you can listen using the SoundCloud embed below or you can subscribe via iTunes here
We kicked off this week hearing from Liv Siddall and Maisie Skidmore who were among the first people to get a glimpse of this year’s Pick Me Up show at London’s Somerset House. Acclaimed art director Richard Turley announced he was leaving Bloomberg Businessweek for a new position at MTV which we reflected on before rounding off exploring Jack White’s four-hour vinyl production (from performance to release) as part of Record Store Day.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”