Got plans for this Friday? Pub? Cinema? What you’re probably not doing is completing a mammoth swan pedalo adventure from the Hastings coast all the way to the Olympic site in Hackney. And why not? Because you are neither artist Andrew Kotting nor psychogeographer Iain Sinclair, who describe their extraordinary trip “as as an act of ‘Dada performance’ or as a response to the spirit of Olympic diversity and ambition.” They have been helped along the way by a diverse range of pedalo-fans, including Alan Moore and Stewart Lee, and a film is in the pipeline. A swantastic effort all round!
Pictures courtesy of Anonymous Bosch and his excellent Flickr photostream.
- Innovative textures and techniques in campaign for Decca Classics inspired by The Stalker
- Beautiful editorial illustrations by painter Jean-Philippe Delhomme
- An absurd and unexpected series from Jordan photographer Tanya Habjouqa
- La Mouche et La Cloche's charming and musical identity for Association Irlandaise
- Designer, art director and book fanatic Ben Branagan shows off his bookshelf
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school