Got plans for this Friday? Pub? Cinema? What you’re probably not doing is completing a mammoth swan pedalo adventure from the Hastings coast all the way to the Olympic site in Hackney. And why not? Because you are neither artist Andrew Kotting nor psychogeographer Iain Sinclair, who describe their extraordinary trip “as as an act of ‘Dada performance’ or as a response to the spirit of Olympic diversity and ambition.” They have been helped along the way by a diverse range of pedalo-fans, including Alan Moore and Stewart Lee, and a film is in the pipeline. A swantastic effort all round!
Pictures courtesy of Anonymous Bosch and his excellent Flickr photostream.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf