It’s an uncomfortable but unavoidable fact of life that awkward social situations will arise at some point in your life. Whether an innocent but over-enthusiastic conversationalist sneezes on you mid-sentence or you find yourself alone in the corner at a party looking like a sourpuss, sooner or later you’re going to find yourself in a tight social squeeze. Praise the Lord then that you can prepare yourself for such difficulties, with this series of short and hilarious clips!
Directed by Eva Michon for LA’s Tenoversix and narrated by the dulcet tones of Wes Anderson favourite Jason Schwartzman, the series comes complete with convenient reminders that “an awkward first pump or high five can be traumatising.” Fortunately, Eva and Jason have actually practised all possible outcomes to these tricky moments to make sure that when it comes to the crunch, you’ll be ready. With a step-by-step guide to “The Kiss-Hello” and hilarious examples of what might happen if you both go to the left, the series is a five minute insurance policy for your smooth friday night out on the town.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf