My initial plan was to write about just one of Tom Chung’s design projects, Locker Room, a stylish bit of kit designed to bring the thrill and anticipation of team sports into your own home. But then I discovered that it was just one project in a series of sports-related gems, so bear with me while I take you through them all.
First up is Shotclock, an oversized display clock designed to make you more proactive and efficient in your day-to-day tasks by recreating the dying seconds of a basketball game; counting down the time you’ve set yourself to complete an allotted task before buzzing obnoxiously to signal that your time is up. If we had one of these in the studio I could have had this article written in half the time.
Second is Nets, a beautifully crafted set of wooden markers that let you set up your own football pitch on any piece of grass you happen upon. The four wooden pegs come in their own fold-up case that can be attached directly to your bike frame, meaning you can easily take them with you wherever you go. Infinitely better than sweater goalposts.
And lastly the project I intended to feature; Locker Room. Tom has designed a simple piece of locker room apparatus that’s small and good-looking enough for you to bring into your house without looking like an obsessive jock. With all the storage you need for your tennis kit and enough bench space for you to collapse on after some particularly strenuous sets, we reckon it won’t be long before we’re all bringing the Locker Room int our living rooms. There’s even a rack for a football underneath if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michael
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg in new monograph
- Ronni Campana's photographic collection of badly repaired cars
- Founder and editor-in-chief of Intern Magazine Alec Dudson shares his favourite books
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)