While you’ve been slaving away in your stifling office, wondering where the last hour and a half of your time just went (you’ve been staring into space and wondering why you’re not on a beach somewhere) others have been turning the recent heatwave into creative inspiration. For the August edition of Novum, Barcelona studio Two Points have transformed the title’s usually static cover into an interactive reminder to take care out in those rays. The cover features a pasty, vest-wearing gentleman reclining on a blue background – but place the cover in direct sunlight and boy does that little guy burn.
The cover has been screen printed with photochromic ink that changes colour when exposed to UV rays – in this instance to a lobstery shade of pink. Martin and Lupi of Two Points drew inspiration from some poor, unfortunate tourists. “The idea for the cover came to us when we saw a group of sun-starved German men on the terrace of a café in Barcelona. We’ve been living in Barcelona for almost eight years and have become used to blue sky and sun. We sincerely hope that once the cover is published the sun will shine a little in northern Europe.”
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Daily Dialogue’s minimal designs for its eclectic mix of clients
- Have “artisanal” brands and “craft” branding had their day?
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)