Some artists choose to approach galleries to get their artwork seen, some choose to mingle in arty places and talk their way to the top. But as the wind changes and the art scene shifts like a huge, unpredictable tectonic plate, we find an increasing number of artists who have made a substantial name for themselves from meme factories such as Reddit (“the front page of the internet”).
Artist Valeriya Volkova is an internet sensation, and is receiving large sums of money for creating bespoke paintings, book covers and designs for fans. The picture below of the couple riding in the back of the pick-up truck driven by a T-Rex with a labrador on top? That was an engagement gift, commissioned by the husband of the lucky wife-to-be. Thinking about getting your wife a Magi-Mix to celebrate your fatal commitment? Stop where you are and get in contact with Valeriya immediately, you won’t regret it.
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Designer Cindy Kutikova on translating her ideas into a visual language
- “Graphic design of any and every printed matter”: introducing Arc studio
- Studio Output’s bumper bookshelf full of design and art inspiration
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus