Clubhouse Studios has redesigned burger chain Byron’s website with a strong focus on illustration, including work by Alec Doherty, Andrew Rae and Alice Bowsher. The illustrations are interwoven with the site redesign to help navigation and tell stories, as well as adding visual flourishes to informative pages.
The landing page features an animated illustration by Alice, showing hands holding burgers, chips and drinks in her signature black outlines.
The menu page is now populated with fun characters by Alec, poised atop a giant burger, camouflaging behind lettuce leaves, and hula-hooping with onion rings.
Throughout the site you can find more little spots by Andrew, his characters announcing new openings and the FAQs.
The aim for Clubhouse Studios was to create a clean and impactful redesign, using the illustration to bring through some of the “brand’s DNA”.
- Activism, raving and vintage cookbooks – highlights from Nicer Tuesdays June
- Patrick Savile’s dreamy designs draw from 70s airbrush art, Roger Dean and Turing patterns
- Illustrator Nathan Cowdry depicts an unusual dialogue between two strangers in his new comic, Shiner
- Our round-up of this year’s UK grad show identities and show designs
- Nathalie du Pasquier opens first solo show in UK for almost 25 years
- Photographer Ian Kenneth Bird shares his top photobooks
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy