Clubhouse Studios has redesigned burger chain Byron’s website with a strong focus on illustration, including work by Alec Doherty, Andrew Rae and Alice Bowsher. The illustrations are interwoven with the site redesign to help navigation and tell stories, as well as adding visual flourishes to informative pages.
The landing page features an animated illustration by Alice, showing hands holding burgers, chips and drinks in her signature black outlines.
The menu page is now populated with fun characters by Alec, poised atop a giant burger, camouflaging behind lettuce leaves, and hula-hooping with onion rings.
Throughout the site you can find more little spots by Andrew, his characters announcing new openings and the FAQs.
The aim for Clubhouse Studios was to create a clean and impactful redesign, using the illustration to bring through some of the “brand’s DNA”.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label