Acne Studios have enlisted two creatively significant names to showcase their Women’s pre-Fall collection this year, including Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream modelling, photographed by the masterful lens of Colin Dodgson.
“I have always been interested in the self-expression clothing can give,” says Jonny Johansson, creative director of Acne Studios. “Often, I’ve been inspired by the self-expression of musicians. As I was finalising this collection, I realised I’d designed a look for Bobby Gillespie.”
With items of clothing that mix vintage finds with pieces of character, Acne Studios have created a universal and unisex wardrobe. Shot in Colin’s serenely natural style, the campaign presents an ideal partnership of icons, clothing and photography.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU