Fashion designer Simon Porte Jacquemus has announced Marseille J’Taime an exhibition, public fashion show and an exclusive book about Marseille by artists from around the world.
The designer announced the exhibition in his triptych Instagram style, displaying a video created with collaborators choreographer Willi Dorner and photographer David Luraschi.
The events will take place in May as part of the OpenMyMed festival in Marseille, close to where the designer grew up in the south of France. The exhibition, Houses and Archives will take place from 12 May at Museum of Contemporary Art, Marseille, until 14 January 2018. The public fashion show, The Santons of Provence will open the following day at the Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean. The book, a series of exclusive images about Marseille, is set for release in 13 May.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s