Fashion designer Simon Porte Jacquemus has announced Marseille J’Taime an exhibition, public fashion show and an exclusive book about Marseille by artists from around the world.
The designer announced the exhibition in his triptych Instagram style, displaying a video created with collaborators choreographer Willi Dorner and photographer David Luraschi.
The events will take place in May as part of the OpenMyMed festival in Marseille, close to where the designer grew up in the south of France. The exhibition, Houses and Archives will take place from 12 May at Museum of Contemporary Art, Marseille, until 14 January 2018. The public fashion show, The Santons of Provence will open the following day at the Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean. The book, a series of exclusive images about Marseille, is set for release in 13 May.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors