Fashion designer Simon Porte Jacquemus has announced Marseille J’Taime an exhibition, public fashion show and an exclusive book about Marseille by artists from around the world.
The designer announced the exhibition in his triptych Instagram style, displaying a video created with collaborators choreographer Willi Dorner and photographer David Luraschi.
The events will take place in May as part of the OpenMyMed festival in Marseille, close to where the designer grew up in the south of France. The exhibition, Houses and Archives will take place from 12 May at Museum of Contemporary Art, Marseille, until 14 January 2018. The public fashion show, The Santons of Provence will open the following day at the Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean. The book, a series of exclusive images about Marseille, is set for release in 13 May.
- Studio Zwupp’s festival identity combines found type with abstract imagery
- Meet Jack Pearce: the illustrator drawing skate tribes
- Anna Haas’ structured yet anarchic approach to graphic design
- “Made for designers, not 3D experts”: Adobe Stock demystifies 3D renders
- Tanawat Sakdawisarak’s crisp illustrations reference pop music and video games
- Photographer Jay Wolke remembers gambling spots in the US during the 80s and 90s
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books