Originally guest posted by Andy J Miller
I ashamedly was unaware of Girard’s work until House Industries recently put on their current massive dedication to his work on their site.
The hand-drawn illustration scene today seems to echo all of Girard’s work. Unlike many other grandfathers of illustration/design, Girard’s work seems almost timeless in all aspects, with little evidence to set it apart from the work in the current market.
The sign of a great artist I guess!
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August