Originally guest posted by Andy J Miller
For my last post I wanted a true blast from my past. I remember right before I started school my older brother told me about The Letter People. He said that Mr. M with the Munching Mouth was his favourite and when we got to Mr. M in our lessons, he wanted me to get him one of the coloring book sheets. I am pretty sure the teacher wouldn’t let me have an extra, so I drew Mr. M for my brother instead.
I would say that may have been the starting point of my style and influence. I only remembered the letter people this year, but looking back there is truly a rich supply of great influence on my work in the Letter People. The link is to a hilarious and amazing Youtube video introducing Mr. N with his Noisy Nose!!!
- Four illustrators have their works drawn by Joto at Here 2017
- David Lewandowski’s floppy rubber bodies take over the streets of Japan
- Ella Bucknall tackles the “boy’s club” of political cartooning in her new zine, Whip
- Anna Haifisch bends the rules of comics in new floppy and oversized book, Drifter
- Illustrator Jill Senft creates fun and whimsy with her cavalcade of pink characters
- White Flag project that is tackling global division and the “growing fear of the stranger”
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos