Originally guest posted by Andy J Miller
For my last post I wanted a true blast from my past. I remember right before I started school my older brother told me about The Letter People. He said that Mr. M with the Munching Mouth was his favourite and when we got to Mr. M in our lessons, he wanted me to get him one of the coloring book sheets. I am pretty sure the teacher wouldn’t let me have an extra, so I drew Mr. M for my brother instead.
I would say that may have been the starting point of my style and influence. I only remembered the letter people this year, but looking back there is truly a rich supply of great influence on my work in the Letter People. The link is to a hilarious and amazing Youtube video introducing Mr. N with his Noisy Nose!!!
- Steve Powers' New York street signs offer an alternative perspective
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Hamburg-based studio I Like Birds' comprehensive film festival identity
- The Plant creates identity for Walthamstow business hub using a process from 1905
- Wayfaring land artist Richard Long pays homage to his Bristol roots
- Designs for a tarot deck celebrating black stars and overseen by Jodorowsky
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli