Looks like another exciting group of students graduating from the University of Brighton later this year. We were down there yesterday and the work being produced seemed streets ahead of what we were doing two years ago. Not many portfolios online yet but here’s a handful, Christopher Smith, Henrietta Swift, Alison Haigh and Tom Edwards.
More information on the Open Days can be found here
- Director Nick Roney on taking The Lemon Twigs to his grandparents’ house
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Meet the speakers: Carl Burgess, Oscar Hudson, Mirka Laura Severa and Olivia Ahmad
- Varied, playful and slightly odd drawings from Japanese illustrator Summer House
- Thomas Colligan’s zine encourages us to appreciate the small things in life
- John Feely on capturing life in “remote” Mongolia and learning a new way of living
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio