Swedish designer Markus Bergstrom graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2006. Now based in London, he works with furniture, product and interior design.
Pictured is Manor Road Bench, a foldable chair in produced in ash with a laminated plywood finish.
‘The folding principal derives from an old beach chair that I think deserves developing. With this piece I want to bring the utilitarian character of a simple outdoor furniture onto a more sophisticated and elaborate design.’
- Swiss zine highlights the many times The Simpsons has predicted the future
- Twelve studio’s rippling identity for Beijing new media studio
- Mumbai-based artist Yashasvi Mathis' unconventional take on the world
- Gufram, the iconic funhouse bridging the gap between design and art
- Active Arab Women: Lara Al-Hadeedi records the determination of sporting Kuwaiti women
- Meet the French illustrator creating part-animal, part-human Frankenmonsters
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August