Swedish designer Markus Bergstrom graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2006. Now based in London, he works with furniture, product and interior design.
Pictured is Manor Road Bench, a foldable chair in produced in ash with a laminated plywood finish.
‘The folding principal derives from an old beach chair that I think deserves developing. With this piece I want to bring the utilitarian character of a simple outdoor furniture onto a more sophisticated and elaborate design.’
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys