Swedish designer Markus Bergstrom graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2006. Now based in London, he works with furniture, product and interior design.
Pictured is Manor Road Bench, a foldable chair in produced in ash with a laminated plywood finish.
‘The folding principal derives from an old beach chair that I think deserves developing. With this piece I want to bring the utilitarian character of a simple outdoor furniture onto a more sophisticated and elaborate design.’
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label