I’ve been watching a lot of the TED talks recently via their fantastic podcast, but it wasn’t until Mark emailed suggesting they get posted (in particular the Philippe Starck one) that they did.
I’m a big fan of the French designer, and it’s hard not to be after this 17 minute talk on the subject, ‘Why Design?’.
- Allen Jones' Maîtresse, a series of S&M-inspired paintings
- First Dates for those who create: London agency Form on their working relationship
- Air-brushed psychedelia and neon lights abound in Robert Beatty’s new work
- Jack Davison shoots parrots with PTSD for The New York Times Magazine
- Graphic design work to challenge and empower the reader
- "A think tank for a week, and a do-tank for the rest of the year" : Ravi Naidoo on Design Indaba
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- More salaciously surreal illustrations from French duo Mrzyk & Moriceau