Lawrence Zeegen has followed up Digital Illustration: A Master Class In Creative Image-Making with another informative, practical guide on the subject.
Broken down into two sections, working process and professional practice, the book is written in a way that includes relevant information in a clearly structured way. Each chapter includes a brief introduction to the subject area, leading onto portfolios of leading image-makers, and concludes with a step-by-step tutorial. With profiles on the likes of Mr. Bingo, Adrian Johnson, Sanna Annukka and Jeremyville (among others) the book offers a very real exploration into the world of illustration today.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?