Lawrence Zeegen has followed up Digital Illustration: A Master Class In Creative Image-Making with another informative, practical guide on the subject.
Broken down into two sections, working process and professional practice, the book is written in a way that includes relevant information in a clearly structured way. Each chapter includes a brief introduction to the subject area, leading onto portfolios of leading image-makers, and concludes with a step-by-step tutorial. With profiles on the likes of Mr. Bingo, Adrian Johnson, Sanna Annukka and Jeremyville (among others) the book offers a very real exploration into the world of illustration today.
- Steve Powers' New York street signs offer an alternative perspective
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Hamburg-based studio I Like Birds' comprehensive film festival identity
- The Plant creates identity for Walthamstow business hub using a process from 1905
- Wayfaring land artist Richard Long pays homage to his Bristol roots
- Designs for a tarot deck celebrating black stars and overseen by Jodorowsky
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns