Lawrence Zeegen has followed up Digital Illustration: A Master Class In Creative Image-Making with another informative, practical guide on the subject.
Broken down into two sections, working process and professional practice, the book is written in a way that includes relevant information in a clearly structured way. Each chapter includes a brief introduction to the subject area, leading onto portfolios of leading image-makers, and concludes with a step-by-step tutorial. With profiles on the likes of Mr. Bingo, Adrian Johnson, Sanna Annukka and Jeremyville (among others) the book offers a very real exploration into the world of illustration today.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s