Right then, there’s £500 up for grabs for the most imaginative way of getting into the YCN Piñata. Mine arrived last week and I still haven’t come up with anything special so I’m opening it up to you guys. I don’t have a lot of time, and I don’t have a lot of money (there’s a budget of about a fiver) so if you send through an email and it ends up winning then I will split the winnings with you. Email with ‘I want £250’ as the subject line.
‘50 Piñatas will be sent to 50 different people, teams and studios internationally. Each has a unique mix of surprises inside relating to this year’s YCN Awards, and is of solid and sturdy build. The challenge is to break open the Piñata in an interesting way, the meaning of ‘interesting’ is open to interpretation.’
- Yukai Du transports us to galaxies far, far away in TED-Ed animation
- Illustration galore: it's February's Things!
- The past, present and future of gaming on The It’s Nice That Podcast
- Photographer Enda Bowe searches for light and beauty in At Mirrored River
- Dive into the trippy 3D world of Vector Meldrew in his latest video for Addison Groove
- Finnish illustrator Daniel Stolle’s atmospheric editorial illustrations
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- Apple to open its Norman Foster-designed campus in April