Good morning everyone! For my first post on It’s Nice That I thought it’d be good to set an upbeat tone for a cold Monday morning.
After the recent passing of the inspirational Tony Wilson, I’ve been listening to a lot of ‘Madchester’ documentaries and re-living some classic albums from the time. So in his honour, on this the first day of the week I’m posting not only a great piece of album cover typography from Central Station Design, but also a great tune to set your week up.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language