Van was born in Vietnam, grew up in Arizona and studied art at RISD before landing herself in Seattle for a few years. She was awarded the David Bruton, Jr. Graduate Fellowship from University of Texas where she earned her MFA in Painting. She is now back in Seattle making work for her upcoming solo show at Sam Lee Gallery, in Los Angeles, and re-acquainting herself with local artists and galleries.
I must thank Shauniqua for both the initial link and the paragraph above.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"