Van was born in Vietnam, grew up in Arizona and studied art at RISD before landing herself in Seattle for a few years. She was awarded the David Bruton, Jr. Graduate Fellowship from University of Texas where she earned her MFA in Painting. She is now back in Seattle making work for her upcoming solo show at Sam Lee Gallery, in Los Angeles, and re-acquainting herself with local artists and galleries.
I must thank Shauniqua for both the initial link and the paragraph above.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery