Van was born in Vietnam, grew up in Arizona and studied art at RISD before landing herself in Seattle for a few years. She was awarded the David Bruton, Jr. Graduate Fellowship from University of Texas where she earned her MFA in Painting. She is now back in Seattle making work for her upcoming solo show at Sam Lee Gallery, in Los Angeles, and re-acquainting herself with local artists and galleries.
I must thank Shauniqua for both the initial link and the paragraph above.
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich