Van was born in Vietnam, grew up in Arizona and studied art at RISD before landing herself in Seattle for a few years. She was awarded the David Bruton, Jr. Graduate Fellowship from University of Texas where she earned her MFA in Painting. She is now back in Seattle making work for her upcoming solo show at Sam Lee Gallery, in Los Angeles, and re-acquainting herself with local artists and galleries.
I must thank Shauniqua for both the initial link and the paragraph above.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August