Van was born in Vietnam, grew up in Arizona and studied art at RISD before landing herself in Seattle for a few years. She was awarded the David Bruton, Jr. Graduate Fellowship from University of Texas where she earned her MFA in Painting. She is now back in Seattle making work for her upcoming solo show at Sam Lee Gallery, in Los Angeles, and re-acquainting herself with local artists and galleries.
I must thank Shauniqua for both the initial link and the paragraph above.
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Artist Esther Watson reimagines the flying saucers her dad created as a child
- Clara von Zweigbergk talks us through her art direction for Danish brand Hay
- John Molesworth illustrates the hustle and bustle of Record Store Day 2017
- “The artistic process becomes a form of yoga”: artist Christopher Davison
- More vibrant, goblin-like characters from illustrator Alex Jenkins
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices