United Visual Artists (UVA) went round all the blogs about a month ago and instead of posting them up then I thought I’d leave it a while until they had some more work up. They consistently produce incredible work including this piece, Triptych (in situ in Paris, for Nuit Blanche).
Triptych represents the next phase of UVA’s explorations in monumental site-specific LED sculpture – three brooding presences that respond to the movements of people approaching them, creating a visceral experience of sound and light.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s