Rounding off the week of designers exhibiting at Launch comes from Max Lamb. I first saw Max’s work at the Milan Furniture Fair in May where he was exhibiting his Pewter Stool, a stool produced in the sand by creating 3 holes and the base and then pouring the molten pewter in and leaving to set.
Continuing that theme of recording his process in film and exhibiting that film sped up, he was working his way through his latest seat, this time sandstone.
Certainly an exciting young designer and somebody worth keeping an eye out for.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design