Rounding off the week of designers exhibiting at Launch comes from Max Lamb. I first saw Max’s work at the Milan Furniture Fair in May where he was exhibiting his Pewter Stool, a stool produced in the sand by creating 3 holes and the base and then pouring the molten pewter in and leaving to set.
Continuing that theme of recording his process in film and exhibiting that film sped up, he was working his way through his latest seat, this time sandstone.
Certainly an exciting young designer and somebody worth keeping an eye out for.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations