Rounding off the week of designers exhibiting at Launch comes from Max Lamb. I first saw Max’s work at the Milan Furniture Fair in May where he was exhibiting his Pewter Stool, a stool produced in the sand by creating 3 holes and the base and then pouring the molten pewter in and leaving to set.
Continuing that theme of recording his process in film and exhibiting that film sped up, he was working his way through his latest seat, this time sandstone.
Certainly an exciting young designer and somebody worth keeping an eye out for.
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich