Rounding off the week of designers exhibiting at Launch comes from Max Lamb. I first saw Max’s work at the Milan Furniture Fair in May where he was exhibiting his Pewter Stool, a stool produced in the sand by creating 3 holes and the base and then pouring the molten pewter in and leaving to set.
Continuing that theme of recording his process in film and exhibiting that film sped up, he was working his way through his latest seat, this time sandstone.
Certainly an exciting young designer and somebody worth keeping an eye out for.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"