So I went on about it enough last week but the launch of ‘Launch’ was a great success up in Newcastle on Friday night. Launch was part of Design Event 07 and a massive thanks has to go out to Karen and Danielle for inviting us (If You Could) to be part of it.
The other big thank you of the weekend goes to Dan and Elliot of Deadgood, a fantastic exhibition curated by the two of them held in the decommissioned fire station in the heart of the city.
The pair also produce products under the name Deadgood, including this bookshelf and mirror of the British Isles. Check out their site for more fantastic designs.
- Rob Flowers, Roberto Rosolin, Liv Siddall and Greg Barth at Nicer Tuesdays October
- Milou Trouwborst's refined, simplistic and melancholic illustrations
- "It was strangely liberating" – Christoph Niemann on creating his new book Sunday Sketching
- Designer Okuyama Taiki encourages you to “play freely” with his experimental posters
- Gijs Henselmans’ illustrations: absurd, gruesome, but always hilarious
- All That Glitters: inside the Barbican’s “vulgar” catalogue
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design