So I went on about it enough last week but the launch of ‘Launch’ was a great success up in Newcastle on Friday night. Launch was part of Design Event 07 and a massive thanks has to go out to Karen and Danielle for inviting us (If You Could) to be part of it.
The other big thank you of the weekend goes to Dan and Elliot of Deadgood, a fantastic exhibition curated by the two of them held in the decommissioned fire station in the heart of the city.
The pair also produce products under the name Deadgood, including this bookshelf and mirror of the British Isles. Check out their site for more fantastic designs.
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations