So I went on about it enough last week but the launch of ‘Launch’ was a great success up in Newcastle on Friday night. Launch was part of Design Event 07 and a massive thanks has to go out to Karen and Danielle for inviting us (If You Could) to be part of it.
The other big thank you of the weekend goes to Dan and Elliot of Deadgood, a fantastic exhibition curated by the two of them held in the decommissioned fire station in the heart of the city.
The pair also produce products under the name Deadgood, including this bookshelf and mirror of the British Isles. Check out their site for more fantastic designs.
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Workwear: animator Paul Layzell on sports and nostalgia in his style
- Promoting academia with zig-zags, giant facial features and old trash: a masterclass from designer Nejc Prah
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Lukas Ackermann’s playfully abstract identity for new Zurich culture hub
- Things! The finest bits and bobs we were sent in September
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here