In the summer of 2005 Thijs grot Wassink and Ruben Lundgren both graduated from the photography department of the Utrecht School of Arts in The Netherlands. Since then they have been working together as WassinkLundgren.
‘Empty Bottles’ is a book of really beautiful photographs that documents 24 scavengers attracted by bottles placed infront of the camera. The design of the book looks pretty special as well, and sold out unfortunately.
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale