A weird thing happens when you start to run a blog, you sort of get really interested in everyone else’s blog and what they’re posting and saying.
It has always been an aim of ‘It’s Nice That’ not to solely rely on other blogs to feed the content of our own because we feel that if you look at blogs then you will stumble across it somewhere else. There are of course exceptions to this rule when you see something truly ‘nice’, and you post it and try to get credit where credit’s due. Earlier in the week I posted Vincent Laforet’s photography via Universal Everything’s blog, ‘Everyone Forever’.
The blog has slowly become one of my favourites through the format and way they post. If you get chance I strongly recommend a flick through their archive and addictive header at the top of the page (as pictured).
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?