I was just nosing around the Seventeen Gallery website yesterday and came across these beautiful paintings by Richard Cuerden.
I know nothing more than he exhibited a series of similar paintings at the gallery in 2006, but still well worthy of a post, and the excuse to check out some other great stuff at Seventeen.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again