This week’s guest poster is Laura Clayton. Laura is Grafik Magazine’s hugely talented staff writer.
‘This year, Grafik celebrated its 150th issue with a huge homemade cake, too much booze and these rather handsome little books (if we do say so ourselves). We asked 150 inspirational types to tell us about an idea, a person, an object or activity that inspires themâ€”from takeaway menus to porcelain dogsâ€”and compiled the results into dinky foil blocked volumes. Yours for a tenner (+p&p), it’s great for the bathroom.’
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Hans der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality