This weeks guest post comes from London based studio Build. Michael and wife Nicky set up the studio in the autumn of 2001, working across a wide range of print design and art direction.
Recently Build have worked on this 12” sleeve for Simple records for their compilation album ‘Simple Sounds’. ‘Bringing the Simple identity to life through photography by Chris Allen. Narrative/Art direction by Build, set in urban, nature, work, leisure spaces and TYP 1451.’
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label