This weeks guest post comes from London based studio Build. Michael and wife Nicky set up the studio in the autumn of 2001, working across a wide range of print design and art direction.
Recently Build have worked on this 12” sleeve for Simple records for their compilation album ‘Simple Sounds’. ‘Bringing the Simple identity to life through photography by Chris Allen. Narrative/Art direction by Build, set in urban, nature, work, leisure spaces and TYP 1451.’
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?