Beautiful illustration from Emily Alston. Recently exhibited at the Nolias Gallery, London. Great plates, great show.
Since Graduating from Liverpool School of Art and Design Emily has worked with various design studios, as well as taking on freelance projects for the likes of Orange, The Guardian, The Telegraph, Amelias magazine, Dazed and Confused, Plan B, John Brown Citrus Publishing, The BBC, Crush, Love, Fallon & Paul Smith. Briefs are always approached with creative thought, originality, humour and beauty in mind. Nice.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team