Welcome to the launch of It’s Nice That. While the more perceptive amongst you might have noticed its striking similarity to the other thousand blogs you bookmarked but never check, It’s Nice That aims to be something a little different.
Posting daily (twice at breakfast, twice at lunchtime), we aim to collect and share a diverse range of emerging creative work that’s new to you, and hopefully us too. That’s the other thing – it takes two to make a relationship work, so you’ll find a Submit link at the top where you can let us know about work too.
There’s lots more planned for the upcoming weeks and months, so add us to the top of that bookmark list and we’ll hopefully see you tomorrow, the next day, and the next day…
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Audrey Weber’s eccentrically enlarged figurative illustrations
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- The Smudge: Clay Hickson and Liana Jegers launch publication in reaction to US presidential result
- Set designer Gary Card on the importance of being a chameleon
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio