An exhibition that seems to have gone completely under the radar is Pandamonium, currently on show at Selfridges on London’s Oxford Street. Even during London Design Week and London Fashion Week you’ll be hard pushed to see the work of so many of the UK’s leading artists all under the same roof.
Artists involved include, among others; Sir Peter Blake, Tom Dixon, Tracey Emin, Jim Lambie, Troika, Rachel Whiteread, Paul Smith and United Visual Artists. All have taken an alternative look at the traditional WWF Panda collection box and the results are fantastic.
Along with individual information on the approach taken by each artist there is also a great compilation on YouTube, watch it here.
Exhibition runs 4 September — 28 October 2009 (Auction on 12 October to raise funds for WWF).
Selfridges, 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB, UK
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books