An exhibition that seems to have gone completely under the radar is Pandamonium, currently on show at Selfridges on London’s Oxford Street. Even during London Design Week and London Fashion Week you’ll be hard pushed to see the work of so many of the UK’s leading artists all under the same roof.
Artists involved include, among others; Sir Peter Blake, Tom Dixon, Tracey Emin, Jim Lambie, Troika, Rachel Whiteread, Paul Smith and United Visual Artists. All have taken an alternative look at the traditional WWF Panda collection box and the results are fantastic.
Along with individual information on the approach taken by each artist there is also a great compilation on YouTube, watch it here.
Exhibition runs 4 September — 28 October 2009 (Auction on 12 October to raise funds for WWF).
Selfridges, 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB, UK
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich