An exhibition that seems to have gone completely under the radar is Pandamonium, currently on show at Selfridges on London’s Oxford Street. Even during London Design Week and London Fashion Week you’ll be hard pushed to see the work of so many of the UK’s leading artists all under the same roof.
Artists involved include, among others; Sir Peter Blake, Tom Dixon, Tracey Emin, Jim Lambie, Troika, Rachel Whiteread, Paul Smith and United Visual Artists. All have taken an alternative look at the traditional WWF Panda collection box and the results are fantastic.
Along with individual information on the approach taken by each artist there is also a great compilation on YouTube, watch it here.
Exhibition runs 4 September — 28 October 2009 (Auction on 12 October to raise funds for WWF).
Selfridges, 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB, UK
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli