An exhibition that seems to have gone completely under the radar is Pandamonium, currently on show at Selfridges on London’s Oxford Street. Even during London Design Week and London Fashion Week you’ll be hard pushed to see the work of so many of the UK’s leading artists all under the same roof.
Artists involved include, among others; Sir Peter Blake, Tom Dixon, Tracey Emin, Jim Lambie, Troika, Rachel Whiteread, Paul Smith and United Visual Artists. All have taken an alternative look at the traditional WWF Panda collection box and the results are fantastic.
Along with individual information on the approach taken by each artist there is also a great compilation on YouTube, watch it here.
Exhibition runs 4 September — 28 October 2009 (Auction on 12 October to raise funds for WWF).
Selfridges, 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB, UK
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August