We’re already over half way through October, which means it’s time to announce the winners of our second themed competition with Lomography. Again the response to our proposed topic of ’It’s Nice There’ were fantastic, with a total of 2151 entries, so as you might imagine the choice was a pretty tough one. We’ve got one more set of prixes to give away this week, and the this week’s theme is ’It’s Nice That They’re Nice’.
Hey Katrin, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I am living in Vienna, the heart of lomography and found my love in 2005 working in new york. i startet getting crazy about the lomo-cameras and do not leave home without taking one of my cameras with me! I am working in the wine-business in export and travel a lot and not to miss the creative part in my life i love to take pitures, everywhere i go.
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice There’ theme?
The picture shows the Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria. It was a wonderful day in 2008 and they announced on tv, the national park will be open the last day before closing through wintertime. so we got on the car and drove through the giant mountains! it was the perfect sunday! a lot of sun, almost no people, great scenery!
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
I will put it in my bag as soon as my diana arrives and then just shoot what comes infront of my lense! and that is something i never now!
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design