We’re already over half way through October, which means it’s time to announce the winners of our second themed competition with Lomography. Again the response to our proposed topic of ’It’s Nice There’ were fantastic, with a total of 2151 entries, so as you might imagine the choice was a pretty tough one. We’ve got one more set of prixes to give away this week, and the this week’s theme is ’It’s Nice That They’re Nice’.
Hey Katrin, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I am living in Vienna, the heart of lomography and found my love in 2005 working in new york. i startet getting crazy about the lomo-cameras and do not leave home without taking one of my cameras with me! I am working in the wine-business in export and travel a lot and not to miss the creative part in my life i love to take pitures, everywhere i go.
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice There’ theme?
The picture shows the Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria. It was a wonderful day in 2008 and they announced on tv, the national park will be open the last day before closing through wintertime. so we got on the car and drove through the giant mountains! it was the perfect sunday! a lot of sun, almost no people, great scenery!
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
I will put it in my bag as soon as my diana arrives and then just shoot what comes infront of my lense! and that is something i never now!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations