Fascinated by the global dominance of American culture, Ben Turnbull’s dark and unsettling work features these incredible carvings of guns into old fashioned wooden desk tops.
Found via Paul Smith’s blog, Ben is currently showing at London gallery, Eleven. Pictured is Lesson 3.
I Dont Like Mondays, exhibition runs 21 October to 7 November 2009 at Eleven, 11 Eccleston Street, London, SW1W 9LX
- The Ulm Model: a school and its pursuit of a critical design practice
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Four projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant