Fascinated by the global dominance of American culture, Ben Turnbull’s dark and unsettling work features these incredible carvings of guns into old fashioned wooden desk tops.
Found via Paul Smith’s blog, Ben is currently showing at London gallery, Eleven. Pictured is Lesson 3.
I Dont Like Mondays, exhibition runs 21 October to 7 November 2009 at Eleven, 11 Eccleston Street, London, SW1W 9LX
- Punk, printing, photography and type - February's Nicer Tuesdays tickets are now on sale!
- Gender politics, feminism and Kanye West – the world according to Vanessa Beecroft
- First Dates for those who create: London agency Form on their working relationship
- Air-brushed psychedelia and neon lights abound in Robert Beatty’s new work
- Jack Davison shoots parrots with PTSD for The New York Times Magazine
- Graphic design work to challenge and empower the reader
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- More salaciously surreal illustrations from French duo Mrzyk & Moriceau