Fascinated by the global dominance of American culture, Ben Turnbull’s dark and unsettling work features these incredible carvings of guns into old fashioned wooden desk tops.
Found via Paul Smith’s blog, Ben is currently showing at London gallery, Eleven. Pictured is Lesson 3.
I Dont Like Mondays, exhibition runs 21 October to 7 November 2009 at Eleven, 11 Eccleston Street, London, SW1W 9LX
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity