Fascinated by the global dominance of American culture, Ben Turnbull’s dark and unsettling work features these incredible carvings of guns into old fashioned wooden desk tops.
Found via Paul Smith’s blog, Ben is currently showing at London gallery, Eleven. Pictured is Lesson 3.
I Dont Like Mondays, exhibition runs 21 October to 7 November 2009 at Eleven, 11 Eccleston Street, London, SW1W 9LX
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for Mailchimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris