For our third and final week of competition with Lomography we asked viewers to contribute a photo on the theme ’It’s Nice That They’re Nice’. Although the title was a little convoluted, the submissions were anything but, with a brilliant crop of over 1,500 being sent. Here are the ten winners.
Hey Drofla, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I am a high school student and am an artist and photographer. I love underwater photography!
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice That They’re Nice’ theme?
My photo is with my new Nikonos V camera that takes 35 film. The concept behind the photograph is to capture the fluidity of human nature by completely separating the being from the Earth. By doing so, you can capture the unexplainable personality that is only visible underwater.
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
With my new Diana Mini, I plan to take black and white photographs
and develop them myself!
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting