For our third and final week of competition with Lomography we asked viewers to contribute a photo on the theme ’It’s Nice That They’re Nice’. Although the title was a little convoluted, the submissions were anything but, with a brilliant crop of over 1,500 being sent. Here are the ten winners.
Hey Drofla, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I am a high school student and am an artist and photographer. I love underwater photography!
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice That They’re Nice’ theme?
My photo is with my new Nikonos V camera that takes 35 film. The concept behind the photograph is to capture the fluidity of human nature by completely separating the being from the Earth. By doing so, you can capture the unexplainable personality that is only visible underwater.
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
With my new Diana Mini, I plan to take black and white photographs
and develop them myself!
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli