For our third and final week of competition with Lomography we asked viewers to contribute a photo on the theme ’It’s Nice That They’re Nice’. Although the title was a little convoluted, the submissions were anything but, with a brilliant crop of over 1,500 being sent. Here are the ten winners.
Hey Drofla, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I am a high school student and am an artist and photographer. I love underwater photography!
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice That They’re Nice’ theme?
My photo is with my new Nikonos V camera that takes 35 film. The concept behind the photograph is to capture the fluidity of human nature by completely separating the being from the Earth. By doing so, you can capture the unexplainable personality that is only visible underwater.
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
With my new Diana Mini, I plan to take black and white photographs
and develop them myself!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”