For our third and final week of competition with Lomography we asked viewers to contribute a photo on the theme ’It’s Nice That They’re Nice’. Although the title was a little convoluted, the submissions were anything but, with a brilliant crop of over 1,500 being sent. Here are the ten winners.
Hey Drofla, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I am a high school student and am an artist and photographer. I love underwater photography!
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice That They’re Nice’ theme?
My photo is with my new Nikonos V camera that takes 35 film. The concept behind the photograph is to capture the fluidity of human nature by completely separating the being from the Earth. By doing so, you can capture the unexplainable personality that is only visible underwater.
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
With my new Diana Mini, I plan to take black and white photographs
and develop them myself!
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity