Originally guest posted by Craig Ward
Hello there, my name’s Craig Ward and I’ve been asked to guest post this week at It’s Nice That. I’m a London-based typographer and illustrator and you’ll find my recent work up at my website ‘Words are Pictures’.
The piece pictured was created for the UK edition of Wired magazine which is about to launch. You’ll see I work in a variety of mediums from digital to the hand made, and the above was created using my little Adana 5×3 printing press.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design