Originally guest posted by Craig Ward
Hello there, my name’s Craig Ward and I’ve been asked to guest post this week at It’s Nice That. I’m a London-based typographer and illustrator and you’ll find my recent work up at my website ‘Words are Pictures’.
The piece pictured was created for the UK edition of Wired magazine which is about to launch. You’ll see I work in a variety of mediums from digital to the hand made, and the above was created using my little Adana 5×3 printing press.
- The frustration of crazy golf embodied by student animation collective Megacomputeur
- Enormous 20ft Barbies and bluebottles in real-life locations, by photographer Michael John Hunter
- French animator Jon Boutin's quick-witted shorts will have you creasing
- The MIT Technology Review design team share their love of printed matter
- Gemma Mahoney, a graphic design student producing professional work
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s font subscription service
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU