Originally guest posted by Craig Ward
Hello there, my name’s Craig Ward and I’ve been asked to guest post this week at It’s Nice That. I’m a London-based typographer and illustrator and you’ll find my recent work up at my website ‘Words are Pictures’.
The piece pictured was created for the UK edition of Wired magazine which is about to launch. You’ll see I work in a variety of mediums from digital to the hand made, and the above was created using my little Adana 5×3 printing press.
- TFI the weekend! Here's the Best of the Web
- “Legs eleven, droopy drawers, dirty knees”: A clock that uses bingo calls instead of numbers
- Great new work for The New York Times and Bloomberg Businessweek from Oscar Bolton Green
- Dots, blocks and fades layered up in multifaceted exhibition identity for The Hague’s Royal Academy
- Patty Carroll’s bizarre photos hide women in chaotic, hand-built scenes
- Dougal Wilson’s Morris Dancing-heavy first music video in six years
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Japanese artist Tatsuro Kiuchi is back with more beautifully finished illustrations