Created by independent Czech developers Amanita, Machinarium is a deceptively immersive point-and-click adventure game, notable not only for its pitch-perfect soundtrack but for the beautifully considered art direction. It is completely delightful and does great things for a medium often unfairly ignored or flat-out derided in design circles.
The first three stages can be trialled online, after which the full game can be bought (for both Mac/PC) which includes the wonderful Tomáš Dvořák soundtrack.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label