Created by independent Czech developers Amanita, Machinarium is a deceptively immersive point-and-click adventure game, notable not only for its pitch-perfect soundtrack but for the beautifully considered art direction. It is completely delightful and does great things for a medium often unfairly ignored or flat-out derided in design circles.
The first three stages can be trialled online, after which the full game can be bought (for both Mac/PC) which includes the wonderful Tomáš Dvořák soundtrack.
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli