Created by independent Czech developers Amanita, Machinarium is a deceptively immersive point-and-click adventure game, notable not only for its pitch-perfect soundtrack but for the beautifully considered art direction. It is completely delightful and does great things for a medium often unfairly ignored or flat-out derided in design circles.
The first three stages can be trialled online, after which the full game can be bought (for both Mac/PC) which includes the wonderful Tomáš Dvořák soundtrack.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs