When we decided at the start of the year we wanted to curate a series of talks we had no idea that the generosity of Sense lay just around the corner. One of the biggest thanks of the year must go to Raj, Jhanne, Luke and everyone else at Sense for their fantastic hospitality. Here design director Raj Panjwani shares his 2009.
Raj’s image from 2009, “This is a picture I took on holiday in the far north west of Scotland. It was the perfect antidote to London. We caught our own lobster, crab and Pollack and cooked them on the beach. We kept thinking we were in some sickening Channel 4 lifestyle programme.”
Mark out of 9 for 2009?
A tough year that feels like it’s ending on a high of sorts. I’ll give it a 7.5 because I’m an optimist, although I think with more distance it may end up being a 6.
Best new discovery?
A pub off Holloway Road called The Landseer.
Not sure I’ve had one this year.
What were you doing this time last year?
I went down to Cornwall 3 days with the Sense ‘dad’ team to thrash out plan for the coming year. Then the year went a bit wonky but I think we made a bit of headway considering.
What broke? How did you fix it?
My mum’s computer. I sent it to someone else to fix.
What piece of work really stood out for you?
Anish Kapoor’s exhibition.
Did you get Swine Flu?
My family did. I didn’t.
What are you going to miss about 2009 and what are you looking forward to in 2010?
Nothing, keep looking forward. The spring and the World Cup. C’mon.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant