Oh wow. Just when I thought I couldn’t cram any more of The Black Keys into my ears, along comes arguably their best project to date. The American blues-rock aficionados who have released seven studio records in as many years have popped up with a collaborative album, drafting in some of hip-hops biggest names to stunning affect.
No real originality shown with their invitees, but more than enough to make up for it in the music. Take some time to watch a few of their nine ‘webisodes’, triumphantly documenting the magic. Look at that, I didn’t even mention the great logo either.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf