More often than not the simplist of things can be the most effective, like these E27 lights designed for Muuto by Swedish architecture and design studio TAF.
Run by Gabriella Gustafson and Mattias StÂhlbom since 2002 TAF’s aim is to “make ordinary life less ordinary through subtle but effective changes in how products and architecture appear and function”. This is just one of many projects on their site I could have posted including their most recent work for the first Camper shoe store in Sweden.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery