More often than not the simplist of things can be the most effective, like these E27 lights designed for Muuto by Swedish architecture and design studio TAF.
Run by Gabriella Gustafson and Mattias StÂhlbom since 2002 TAF’s aim is to “make ordinary life less ordinary through subtle but effective changes in how products and architecture appear and function”. This is just one of many projects on their site I could have posted including their most recent work for the first Camper shoe store in Sweden.
- Steph Wilson, DR. ME, Women Who and Benedict Redgrove at Nicer Tuesdays August
- Artist Emily Mae Smith’s pop motifs and witty compositions
- Meet the prop-maker building imaginary boyfriends
- Graphic designer Biba Košmerl takes on organised disorder and what it means to be a true modernist
- Bjenny Montero, an underground hero of melancholic comics
- Animator Hoji Tsuchiya's patchwork video for Japanese singer Uri Nakayama
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August