More often than not the simplist of things can be the most effective, like these E27 lights designed for Muuto by Swedish architecture and design studio TAF.
Run by Gabriella Gustafson and Mattias StÂhlbom since 2002 TAF’s aim is to “make ordinary life less ordinary through subtle but effective changes in how products and architecture appear and function”. This is just one of many projects on their site I could have posted including their most recent work for the first Camper shoe store in Sweden.
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale