We’ve come to expect interesting work whenever Non-Format update so we weren’t disappointing this time round. Pictured is Browsing Copy, a customised book for the Browsing Copy exhibition held at the Useless Gallery, Singapore.
“A custom made sealed wooden box may, or may not, contain the original ‘browsing copy’ of Justin Guariglia’s book Shaolin: Temple of Zen. Whether or not the book is actually contained within the box is a question for a Shaolin monk to ponder.”
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again