Mike Hollingshead has the same tenacity and obsessive streak that makes a good street photographer. However, Mike jumps in his car and chases storms. Far more dangerous and far more distance to travel than walking out of your front door and probably a far smaller hit rate.
Mike has been chasing storms for almost 11 years. We both started taking photography seriously at around the same time. I have no doubt that he is the best storm chaser in the world. His photographs are astonishing. Mike has good years and bad years but he keeps going at it, whatever the weather. I like that.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”