Mike Hollingshead has the same tenacity and obsessive streak that makes a good street photographer. However, Mike jumps in his car and chases storms. Far more dangerous and far more distance to travel than walking out of your front door and probably a far smaller hit rate.
Mike has been chasing storms for almost 11 years. We both started taking photography seriously at around the same time. I have no doubt that he is the best storm chaser in the world. His photographs are astonishing. Mike has good years and bad years but he keeps going at it, whatever the weather. I like that.
- The Ulm Model: a school and its pursuit of a critical design practice
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Four projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant