Mike Hollingshead has the same tenacity and obsessive streak that makes a good street photographer. However, Mike jumps in his car and chases storms. Far more dangerous and far more distance to travel than walking out of your front door and probably a far smaller hit rate.
Mike has been chasing storms for almost 11 years. We both started taking photography seriously at around the same time. I have no doubt that he is the best storm chaser in the world. His photographs are astonishing. Mike has good years and bad years but he keeps going at it, whatever the weather. I like that.
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?