Mike Hollingshead has the same tenacity and obsessive streak that makes a good street photographer. However, Mike jumps in his car and chases storms. Far more dangerous and far more distance to travel than walking out of your front door and probably a far smaller hit rate.
Mike has been chasing storms for almost 11 years. We both started taking photography seriously at around the same time. I have no doubt that he is the best storm chaser in the world. His photographs are astonishing. Mike has good years and bad years but he keeps going at it, whatever the weather. I like that.
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- The world’s largest Renoir collection is made accessible to all by filmmaker Phil Grabsky
- Ryan Peltier plays with scale in his neatly constructed space-themed illustrations
- First Dates for those who create: Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman talk dating and working (and both)
- Vogue celebrates 100 years of style at the National Portrait Gallery
- Superb designs by London studio Julia for the Whitechapel Gallery
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016