As a little weekend treat for you, here’s a real exclusive of a new piece of animation from the fantastic hands and minds of Johnny Kelly and Jethro Haynes. The brief was to come up with a new title sequence for Dutch TV show called Het Klokhuis (like a Dutch Blue Peter), and the duo set to work researching modelmaking techniques, including 3D printing, rapid prototyping and even some good old fashioned bendy wire.
Johnny invited me round to his studio at Nexus to see some of the models made for the shoot, and how it all came together. So, enjoy the title sequence embedded here, and click through for some candid pics.
- Designer Collin Fletcher’s rich portfolio of music-related projects
- Mainframe turns the movements of recognisable objects on their head
- Local Characters: Anna Kulachek typographically depicts her hometown of Moscow
- Illustrator and animator Steph Hope’s cast of weird and wonderful characters
- Interactive magazine The Exposed searches for utopia in issue two
- Street View: Photographs of Urban Life, displays 100 years of photography
- Netflix launches new documentary series Abstract: The Art of Design with a stellar lineup
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- Juventus football club given a new identity by Interbrand
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters