A quick little update from one of the best documentary photographers around, Jane Stockdale. As it’s on topic at the moment Jane kindly sent through this little photo essay of the Dalai Lama arriving in Ladakh last year, which are as good as we’ve come to expect.
“The locals were up at 4am hanging Tibetan prayer flags and school kids lined the streets to welcome him. For a man who represents peace he had a massive security escort as we were really near the border of China.”
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages