A quick little update from one of the best documentary photographers around, Jane Stockdale. As it’s on topic at the moment Jane kindly sent through this little photo essay of the Dalai Lama arriving in Ladakh last year, which are as good as we’ve come to expect.
“The locals were up at 4am hanging Tibetan prayer flags and school kids lined the streets to welcome him. For a man who represents peace he had a massive security escort as we were really near the border of China.”
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale