Michael Landy has transformed the South London Gallery into one huge ‘Art Bin’. Over the course of the six week exhibition artists and collectors are invited to bring works to the gallery to create ‘a monument to creative failure’. Anyone can apply by clicking the link below, artists who have already thrown work away include Tracy Emin, Damien Hirst and a Sir Peter Blake.
Exhibition runs 29 January – 14 March 2010
South London Gallery, London SE5 8UH.
- Swiss zine highlights the many times The Simpsons has predicted the future
- Twelve studio’s rippling identity for Beijing new media studio
- Mumbai-based artist Yashasvi Mathis' unconventional take on the world
- Gufram, the iconic funhouse bridging the gap between design and art
- Active Arab Women: Lara Al-Hadeedi records the determination of sporting Kuwaiti women
- Meet the French illustrator creating part-animal, part-human Frankenmonsters
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August