Michael Landy has transformed the South London Gallery into one huge ‘Art Bin’. Over the course of the six week exhibition artists and collectors are invited to bring works to the gallery to create ‘a monument to creative failure’. Anyone can apply by clicking the link below, artists who have already thrown work away include Tracy Emin, Damien Hirst and a Sir Peter Blake.
Exhibition runs 29 January – 14 March 2010
South London Gallery, London SE5 8UH.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery