Originally guest posted by Bryony Quinn
A great how-did-i-live-without-you website consisting of an encyclopedic list of random pieces of pictorial matter collected by a Dr. Chris Mullen.
My favorites are found in ‘V is for Visual Codes’ where the records are all dedicated to the study of the Visual Narrative. In particular the ‘How To Remember Morsecode’ guide (pictured) and the Hobo Code. An ace resource via my school blog.
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- The world’s largest Renoir collection is made accessible to all by filmmaker Phil Grabsky
- Ryan Peltier plays with scale in his neatly constructed space-themed illustrations
- First Dates for those who create: Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman talk dating and working (and both)
- Vogue celebrates 100 years of style at the National Portrait Gallery
- Superb designs by London studio Julia for the Whitechapel Gallery
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016