Originally guest posted by Bryony Quinn
A great how-did-i-live-without-you website consisting of an encyclopedic list of random pieces of pictorial matter collected by a Dr. Chris Mullen.
My favorites are found in ‘V is for Visual Codes’ where the records are all dedicated to the study of the Visual Narrative. In particular the ‘How To Remember Morsecode’ guide (pictured) and the Hobo Code. An ace resource via my school blog.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”