Antony Gormley’s life sized figures are back, and this time the pathways and sidewalks of Madison Square Park as well as the rooftops of New York’s vibrant Flatiron District are the location.
Originally created for London’s Hayward Gallery as part of the Blind Light exhibition in 2007, Event Horizon will see twenty-seven fibreglass and four cast iron figures populate Manhattan from 26 March to 15 August this year. The Event Horizon Wordpress linked below has more information and images.
- Lili des Bellons illustrates a fluoro world of monsters and robots
- Type tells Tales: Steven Heller and Gail Anderson explore the performative traits of type
- Things: The post full of positivity we received this April
- Photographer Louis De Belle’s unconventional portraits of New York commuters
- M35 creates a topographical identity for a project about Australia's rural landscape
- We speak to the three creatives behind a Nigerian-focused editorial and film for Kenzo
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again