Antony Gormley’s life sized figures are back, and this time the pathways and sidewalks of Madison Square Park as well as the rooftops of New York’s vibrant Flatiron District are the location.
Originally created for London’s Hayward Gallery as part of the Blind Light exhibition in 2007, Event Horizon will see twenty-seven fibreglass and four cast iron figures populate Manhattan from 26 March to 15 August this year. The Event Horizon Wordpress linked below has more information and images.
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Yoko Yuki takes us on a bizarre jaunt into town in this kaleidoscopic animation
- Director Nick Ahlmark captures the thrills of night riding for Vice and Samsung
- Marion Jdanoff's skillful screen prints and books are packed with vibrancy
- Illustrator Zoë Taylor’s heroine escapes a party through clichéd melodrama and sporadic linework
- Björk Vulnicura: inside the creation of the kafkaesque headpieces by James Merry and Neri Oxman
- Airbnb launches its own in-house design studio, Samara
- Subway unveils redesigned logo and new symbol
- Neubau introduces its latest immaculately minimal typeface, NB Akademie
- PES creates an epic scale, long-exposure stop motion film for Honda
- Rio Olympics 2016: the creative projects inspired by the Games
- Erin M Riley’s hand-woven tapestries re-contextualise online pornography (NSFW)