Antony Gormley’s life sized figures are back, and this time the pathways and sidewalks of Madison Square Park as well as the rooftops of New York’s vibrant Flatiron District are the location.
Originally created for London’s Hayward Gallery as part of the Blind Light exhibition in 2007, Event Horizon will see twenty-seven fibreglass and four cast iron figures populate Manhattan from 26 March to 15 August this year. The Event Horizon Wordpress linked below has more information and images.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team