Antony Gormley’s life sized figures are back, and this time the pathways and sidewalks of Madison Square Park as well as the rooftops of New York’s vibrant Flatiron District are the location.
Originally created for London’s Hayward Gallery as part of the Blind Light exhibition in 2007, Event Horizon will see twenty-seven fibreglass and four cast iron figures populate Manhattan from 26 March to 15 August this year. The Event Horizon Wordpress linked below has more information and images.
- The creative team behind John Grant’s post-apocalyptic world
- They have beauty, they have grace, they are Jack Mears’ ceramic dogs
- Caroline Tompkins deftly captures goggle marks, swim caps and foam floats
- Illustrator Jan Robert Duennweller's erratic style creates "visual headlines"
- Réka Neszmélyi's boundary breaking identity for Hungarian Bánkitó Cultural & Music Festival 2016
- Five things to remember as a young creative
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale