Incredible work from Chicago based sculptor Willy Chyr. The combination of a degree in Physics and a degree in Economics alongside some time spent with Le Vorris & Vox Circus where he learned how to twist balloons has resulted in a series of stunning inflated sculptures.
Balluminescence (pictured), was an interactive installation commissioned by Science Chicago and created for the final signature event, LabFest! in Millennium Park, Chicago last year. The piece engaged participants in the process of creating art inspired by science.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label