Incredible work from Chicago based sculptor Willy Chyr. The combination of a degree in Physics and a degree in Economics alongside some time spent with Le Vorris & Vox Circus where he learned how to twist balloons has resulted in a series of stunning inflated sculptures.
Balluminescence (pictured), was an interactive installation commissioned by Science Chicago and created for the final signature event, LabFest! in Millennium Park, Chicago last year. The piece engaged participants in the process of creating art inspired by science.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan