Incredible work from Chicago based sculptor Willy Chyr. The combination of a degree in Physics and a degree in Economics alongside some time spent with Le Vorris & Vox Circus where he learned how to twist balloons has resulted in a series of stunning inflated sculptures.
Balluminescence (pictured), was an interactive installation commissioned by Science Chicago and created for the final signature event, LabFest! in Millennium Park, Chicago last year. The piece engaged participants in the process of creating art inspired by science.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood