Darren Bartlett’s latest documentary, Cadência, explores the rhythm and culture of Rio de Janeiro. A unique insight into the city, the film is beautifully shot and explores the underground phenomena of traditional ‘pipa’ (kite) culture, the manifestation of Clovis (carnival) and of course, football.
The film is being shown on at Nike’s 1948 in east London until 25 April and to accompany the film there is an exclusive sound installation by David Kennedy and Adrian Corker as well as an exhibition of Jiwon Park’s original artwork.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf